Happy Monday, guys!! Here’s the deal, with this new job of mine, I haven’t had time to breathe. I’ve got a lot on my plate, and cooking’s been the last thing on my mind.
But last night, Joe and I made these chicken cheddar shells and they were a huge hit!
I saw this recipe on one of the Apron recipe cards at Publix the other day and I thought Joe might like it. So I decided to give it a shot this weekend and OMG it was ahhhhh-mazing.
(AND NO, THIS ISN’T A SPONSORED POST IN CASE YOU’RE WONDERING)
Not only was it super easy to make, but it also made like 6 servings meaning that we’ve got plenty of leftovers for the week. SCORE!
SO Here’s what you’LL need:
- 6 Slices of Precooked Bacon
- 2 Cups of Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (just the breast)
- 6 Ounces of Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Sleeve of Ritz Crackers
- 9 Ounces of Medium Shells Pasta
- 1 Cup Alfredo Sauce
1. Gather your ingredients/PREP
Joe prepped all the different things we needed and that made the cooking process so much easier. You’ll want to crush up the Ritz crackers, cut up the broccoli into little tiny pieces, and then cook the bacon and cut those up too. You’ll also want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
You also need to shred your rotisserie chicken.
2. Cook Pasta
Boil some water and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. During the last minute of cooking time, Stir in the broccoli and chicken. Once the pasta’s cooked, drain the pasta mixture and put it back in the pot.
3. STIR IN THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS
Now you add the rest of the stuff! Stir in the Alfredo sauce, Ranch Dressing, Cheese, and Bacon.
Mix it up good!
4. Line Your Baking Dish With Crushed Crackers
Doesn’t that sound good already? Take your crushed Ritz crackers and line the bottom of your baking dish.
5. Add Your Pasta Mixture to Your Baking Dish
Now take your pasta mixture and add place it right on top of the ritz crackers. Try not to eat it yet, but if you do, it’s okay. I’ll forgive you, because it looks SO FREAKING GOOD.
6. BAKE FOR EXTRA DELICIOUSNESS
Cover this baby in foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Once it’s done, take it out of the oven and enjoy!! That’s some cheesy goodness right there!
Here’s a recap of the instructions:
- Cook bacon in the microwave following the package instructions. Chop bacon, set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta following the package instructions. Stir in chopped up broccoli and chicken during the last minute of cook time.
- Crush crackers and place them at the bottom of a baking dish. Drain pasta mixture and return to pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended and spoon mixture over crackers in the baking dish. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve.
What do you think?! Doesn’t it look yummy? I’m SO looking forward to leftovers tomorrow for lunch! Do you guys have any other recipes like this that you love? Easy recipes that last for a few days?
I’ll be checking out more Publix Apron Recipes because if I can find a few more recipes like this one, I might not be a total failure in the kitchen anymore!
Have a great week everyone!
Know anyone who could use some career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.
START YOUR OWN BLOG TODAY WITH BLUEHOST!