Joe and I live in Miami.
Well, actually, we live about 45 minutes SOUTH of South Beach, which means we hardly ever make it out to what tourists really consider “Miami”.
Our super pale legs confirm that.
But with less than 70 days to go until our wedding, Joe and I decided to head over there last weekend to just get away for a night.
So we decided to stay at the Whitelaw Hotel.
I had never heard of it before, but it was recommended to me by a friend.
It was such a pretty day, so we totally lucked out!
The decor was absolutely gorgeous.
I mean, I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels, but this one was incredibly unique in it’s design and decor, and it really made a statement.
Yes, I took a million and five pictures, but the staff was totally cool about it!
The rooms were small (which is typical of a boutique hotel on South Beach) but they were clean and just as pretty as the lobby.
On a side note, I was OBSESSED with the mirror in here. Need one of these in my room ASAP.
And the shower wasn’t huge, but again, it was clean and looked brand new.
Extremely extremely satisfied here. I won’t begin to tell you how many hotels I’ve stayed at where I’ve just straight up contemplated NOT showering.
Thank God for Wipes!
But not in this case, we actually got to shower like normal humans.
So we checked in, relaxed a bit, and later that night, we went to grab dinner.
But before that, I stopped by the lobby for more pictures.
I really just wanted to take those chairs home with me.
The artwork was so pretty that I even convinced Joe to get in a picture with me.
LOVED LOVED LOVED it!
Again…one more gorgeous chandelier! Right above the lobby’s bar, which was awesome, by the way!
I mean, sure, a glass of wine costs you $12 which is a tad bit more expensive than the $3.99 bottles I buy at Walmart, but hey…that’s South Beach for you!
Every once in a while it doesn’t hurt, though.
We hopped in a cab, and spent the rest of the night out and about on Lincoln Road.
We ate amazing sushi at Sushi Samba, and Joe made me try sake which is a NO-GO for me.
I officially hate sake.
But we had a great night out, which we normally don’t do, ever lol.
It was a nice little getaway, something totally different from what we’re used to, and the best part about it?
I didn’t have to make the bed the next morning.
So a big thanks to the staff at the Whitelaw Hotel! We had a great time, and we’ll definitely be back!
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- June Blog Income Report
- You Can Make Money Blogging Without Tons of Page Views
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
Follow me on: