A few weeks ago, I decided to share my very first blog income report.
I’d seen so many blog income reports from big-time bloggers and I’d found them absolutely fascinating.
Once you realize that it’s possible to make some money doing something that you love, it’s really easy to become obsessed with learning how to do just that.
The only issue I found was that most people sharing their blog income, more often than not, had tons of page views. We’re talking like 100k+.
And, uh… I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not quite there yet.
Here’s a recap of my blog income from the last two months.
- Miscellaneous Sponsored Posts: $100
- Pannel Contribution: $100 (I’m currently participating in a Millennial Feedback Panel for a company that sends me questions every month. I answer the questions. They pay me $100. Not a bad gig.)
- Google Adsense: $2.82
TOTAL: $202.82 (11,936 page views)
- Clever Girls Collective: $150
- Social Fabric: $150
- Izea*: $10
- Tap Influence*: $15
- Pannel Contribution: $100
- Google Adsense: $9.18
TOTAL: $434.18 (16,456 page views)
Now, I mentioned back when I wrote that post that June was going to be awesome because I already had over $600 worth of blogging assignments lined up.
But you guys, it’s kind of really awesome to report that not only did I make those $600, but I made a lot more than that.
Here’s what June looked like:
- Clever Girls Collective: $200
- Her Campus Sponsored Posts: $350
- Social Fabric: $530
- Panel Contribution: $100
- Google Adsense: $8.77
TOTAL: $1,188.77 (21,747 page views)
I feel like, super blessed to be able to report those kind of numbers.
I’ve been putting so much work into my blog the last few months, so it’s nice to see that something seems to be working here!
I definitely attribute the increase in page views to two things:
- I’ve been writing more consistently. Where in the past I’ve only posted about once or twice a week, lately, I’m averaging about 3-4 times and sometimes even 5 times a week.
- I’ve been focusing a lot of time on my social media game. Pinterest has been key in getting more traffic, and I’ve also been looking for ways to better-brand my Instagram.
So this month, I’m looking forward to growing even more. But specifically, I’m going to be focusing on finding new income opportunities because here’s the thing guys…
Sponsored posts seem to be working for me. However, if I totally rely on sponsored posts as my only income stream, I’m gunna get hit really hard at some point or another.
The availability of sponsored posts vary depending on the brands that have campaigns open and available, and I don’t just apply to every sponsored post opportunity out there.
I only take on a sponsored post opportunity when it’s something I feel I can write about that will add value to the site and that my readers will want to read about.
I know my site, and I know my audience.
I’m not gunna write a post about tampons just because I can make a nice $200. That’s not what this is about.
So if next month, all the sponsored post opportunities don’t happen to fit my audience, I know my blog income report for that month will quite possibly be a lot lower.
So I’m going to be focusing a little bit more on affiliate marketing. Working with really cool companies I’ve found on Share A Sale.
I’m also going to start doing some more research on taking some of my content and turning it into an e-book.
I also want to start looking for a new blog theme, now that I have some money to do that.
And lastly, I’m going to be working on my Media Kit so I can start reaching out to companies on my own.
So tell me!!! Anything else you guys have been doing to help monetize your blog?? Let’s help each other out in the comments!!
Check out more of my posts on blogging, and keep checking back here for more monthly income reports!
Oh, and I’m now offering 1-on-1 coaching sessions via phone to help answer any blogging questions you may have. $25 for a one hour session. Would love to share any advice I can give you, and make a new friend along the way! Contact me here for additional info 🙂
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
Follow me on:
* This post contains affiliate links, so if you decide to use any of my links, I’ll receive a small commission of anything you purchase. A BIG THANKS for supporting Gen Y Girl.