I have been compensated by Glucerna for this post; however, I’m sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own. Talk with your health care provider about a diabetes management plan that’s right for you. #GlucernaHungerSmart #CollectiveBias
If you’re a regular follower of my blog, then you already know that I’ve been trying really hard to eat healthier.
I don’t know, man. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted, but now at 25, things are catching up to me so I have to be a little more intentional about the things I’m eating.
I’ve been reading a few books about food lately, and they’ve really inspired me to make healthier food choices.
I think people wait too long to start taking care of their health, to be honest. But given that there’s so much education out there on eating better, we ALL ought to be taking better care of ourselves, not just those of us with serious health conditions like diabetes.
You know, my mother-in-law is diabetic, so Joe and I are always trying to help her find snacks and foods that she likes, but that are still healthy.
And you know what? In the process of helping her live a healthier lifestyle, I’ve found that Joe and I have been eating much better too.
I’ve talked about these before on the blog, but they’re worth mentioning because they’re super yummy and really, they’re a great way to help you and/or your family members stick to your weight loss plans.
These Glucerna® Hunger Smart™ Shakes are awesome because each shake has 15 grams of protein, which totally helps manage hunger.
They also have CARBSTEADY®, which includes slowly digestible carbs designed to help minimize blood sugar spikes.
The Glucerna® Hunger Smart™ Shakes come in two different flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla, but I’m personally a fan of Vanilla. I have a quick and easy shake that I make with these and it’s perfect for those nights when I really don’t feel like cooking or for times when I’m not super hungry but still need to eat SOMETHING.
Here’s all you need:
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 Vanilla Glucerna® Hunger Smart™ Shake
That’s it! Throw it all in the blender and you’ve got yourself a delicious shake. Doesn’t get any easier than that.
LOOKING FOR SOME career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.