This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StimulateTheSenses #CollectiveBias
I don’t consider myself to be a very crafty person, but this weekend I sat down for an hour and I made a Lemon Sugar Scrub!
I can’t even tell you how proud I was that it didn’t turn out to be a total epic failure.
I’ve recently been experimenting with essential oils and I’m loving them.
Up until this point, though, I’d only used them in a diffuser.
But turns out, essential oils can be incorporated into SO MANY creative DIY projects like soaps, candles, and scrubs, so I’m excited to try out a few more DIY projects over the next couple of weeks!
So here’s how easy it was to make the sugar scrub!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Nature’s Truth Essential Oils
- Pour the two cups of sugar into a giant bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (15-30 seconds) and pour it into the sugar.
3. Mix the coconut oil and the sugar. Add more coconut oil if needed. (Since I like my scrubs a little more watery, I did end up adding some more oil.)
4. Add your essential oils! Adding the oils infuses your scrub with the scent of your liking. I added Nature’s Truth Lemon Essential Oil for that fresh summery scent that I LOVE! I used about 15-20 drops, but you can adjust the amount of drops depending on how scented you want your scrub to be.
5. Mix everything together, and that’s it! You’re done! Now it’s time to package the scrub and decorate!
For these big scrubs, I only used the lemon essential oil, but I thought I’d give this energy essential oil a shot too, so in this little jar I added both the lemon and the energy! The energizing scent of Energy Oil is PERFECT before a long day!
But yea, look how cute they turned out!
They make an awesome and super-easy-to-make thank you gift…
Or you can keep them for yourself for those days when you need a little pampering!
So yea, turns out these Nature’s Truth Essential Oils are useful for lots of things!
They’re super easy to find on Target.com and they’re really affordable!
You can find these Nature’s Truth Essential Oils at some pharmacies too in the vitamin aise, so next time you’re there, look for all the different essential oil varieties like Lavendar, Happiness, Eucalyptus and Peppermint and pick a few of them up!
And to help you get started with your DIY projects, here’s a $1.00 off coupon for you!
Want to save some money on groceries you’re already buying? Check out Ibotta to get some cash back! Create an account using my referral code and you can earn an extra $10 when you redeem your first rebate!
Know anyone who could use some career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.
START YOUR OWN BLOG TODAY WITH BLUEHOST!