It’s been a crazy couple of weeks.
Actually, it’s been a crazy whole MONTH so I thought it’d be nice to share some of that craziness with you.
I hate that I’ve been a bit absent from the blog lately, but honestly there’s just been so much going on and I’m only now starting to feel somewhat normal again.
So let’s see how I can fill you in on everything. I might ramble a bit, so bear with me.
Obviously, there’s the whole me being pregnant thing. Today, I’m officially 29 weeks pregnant which means I’ve only got 11 weeks to go! Holy crap. I’m going to have a nervous breakdown. I’m not prepared. So. Much. To. Do. I still have to put together her nursery, still have to plan my baby shower, and yea, there’s like 50 thousand other things I need to take care of ASAP so I’m very very stressed. Excited, sure, but damn, I’m freaking stressed.
TRIP TO ALABAMA #1
As if I wasn’t already on a bit of a time crunch, at the beginning of last month I was at work on a Monday and got a call from Joe letting me know that a family member of his had passed away. I don’t want to talk too much about it, but it sucked, to say the least. It was a very emotional time for our family and because we wanted to be there for everyone, we drove up north to be with Joe’s family in Panama City Beach, FL.
We spent a few days there and then later drove up even further north to Birmingham, AL for the burial. I’m glad we got to be there and glad that I was able to support Joe and his family during this difficult time, but it was definitely an unplanned trip and a week where I didn’t get much done.
TRIP TO ALABAMA #2
We got back to Miami just as the weather reports were indicating that Hurricane Irma was heading right towards us. Greeeeeeaaaat. I literally spent 2 nights in my bed and then drove back north to stay with Joe’s cousins we had just seen in Birmingham. Yea, we were one of the millions of people who evacuated Florida that week, and to say that it was the most emotionally exhausting week of my life would be an understatement. Not even the 10 lbs of comfort food I ate could comfort me.
HURRICANE IRMA AFTERMATH
After a week in Alabama escaping the storm, we finally made it back home. At this point, I had spent a total of 30+ hours in the car over the course of two weeks and I’m pretty sure my butt was officially numb. Other than the missing nerve endings on my butt cheeks, we were lucky in the sense that we didn’t suffer from any major damage from the storm. Others, weren’t as lucky.
While some areas in town didn’t have power or internet or cable for over a week, ours was intact when we arrived back home. Still, there were tons of trees down and streetlights that still didn’t work, and the grocery stores were just starting to put food back on their shelves. On a future post I might go into the details of what exactly went on that week, but for now, the point is that things are finally getting back to normal and I couldn’t be happier.
NOW WE’RE POOR THOUGH
I’m exaggerating, but yea, this month cost us a lot of money. Between the unexpected car trips, gas, food, hurricane supplies, baby stuff, you name it – we spent SO MUCH MONEY. Luckily, Joe and I have been following Dave Ramsey’s baby steps and had an emergency fund in place, because otherwise, we’d be screwed. Shit like this can happen anytime, without any kind of notice, and it can be really expensive if you’re not prepared. Be on the lookout for some new financial blog posts later next month.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS MONTH
As crazy as this month has been, it hasn’t ALL been bad, so here are some of the highlights.
- Baby is moving around like crazy! I legit have to tell her to slow her roll every once in a while
- Baby’s furniture is finally at the store…we just have to schedule the delivery
- My mom painted baby’s nursery because she’s a badass grandma who’s already spoiling my child
- We bought our baby girl her first Alabama football outfit so Joe’s a happy camper about that
- I passed my glucose test so I don’t have to feel too guilty about having ice cream and/or cake
- My dad turned the big 5-0 and after having to reschedule it due to the hurricane, we finally threw him his 50th birthday party (blog post to come)
- Joe turned 34 but he’s a party pooper and doesn’t like to do much for his birthday
- I was featured in 2 podcasts: Mac’s List + The Millennial Playbook Podcast
- We got to spend time with Joe’s awesome cousins, Richard + Mary, who legit are the coolest people I know, welcoming 6 additional members of my family + a cat and two dogs into their home since we all thought we were going to die from a direct impact by a category 5 hurricane
- I played Bananagrams for the first time and loved every second of it
- I binge-watched The Sinner this past weekend and confirmed for myself that yea, it’s a great series
- It’s now officially Fall
- Chick-Fil-A Cookies N Cream Milkshakes
- Melissa Emily Collection Pumpkin Spice Candles
- And my bed that I missed so much
Now that things are finally settling down a bit, I’ll be working on a whole bunch of things over the next couple of months.
Between my baby shower and putting together the nursery, I’ll definitely be busy, but I also want to try to schedule a mini staycation/babymoon for Joe and I since we only have a few weeks of sleep left before it’s gone forever.
As for my blog, I’ll still be writing posts, so don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere. But if I slow down a bit, at least you know why. I’ve also been putting a lot of effort into recording and editing some videos for my YOUTUBE account, so if you haven’t checked those out already, I’d love it if you did. I’m trying to reach 300 subscribers, if you could help me out and subscribe, that’d be AWESOME.
Ok, I think that’s all the energy I have right now. Hope you enjoyed this quick recap of my crazy month! If you have any questions for me or just wanna say hi, let me know in the comments because boy did I miss you guys!
Happy Fall, y’all! Hopefully October will be way better.