There you go, guys!
That’s the latest cover design for my upcoming book, Corporate Survival Guide For Your Twenties.
WHAT DO YOU THINK!!?!? Love it? Hate it?
It’s due out in June, so there’s still quite a bit of work that has to be done, but I’m super excited about it!
I wrote this book because I couldn’t help but to write it.
I was legit in my hotel room, the night before my wedding, still writing this thing.
So yea, it means a lot to me.
Because the corporate world…it’s a weird place.
No one teaches you this stuff, you know?
I learned a lot of stuff the hard way.
I wore dresses to work that were totally inappropriate.
I showed up to meetings completely unprepared.
I sometimes sat at my desk bored out of my mind, not saying anything.
There was also that one time that I took M&Ms to a big lecture and the bag ripped and all the M&Ms fell, one by one, on the floor, and everyone looked at me and I wanted to die.
(Yea, that’s the kind of stuff that happens to me!)
So in June, if all goes well, my book will be out… and hopefully, I’ll get to share my experiences with some other young professionals, because I really just want young people everywhere to kick ass in everything they do.
So I j want to thank you guys for all your support, because without you guys and without this blog, this whole book thing wouldn’t be possible.
YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING AMAZING.
I have a marketing call with my publishing company later this week, and we’ll be talking about the Corporate Survival Guide launch team I’m putting together.
So if you’re interested in being a part of that, please please please shoot me an e-mail and let me know!
I’ve also got two really cool opportunities for some of you….
- I’m still accepting submissions for the best advice you’d give to young professionals. I’m looking for no more than 4 sentences, giving the best advice you’ve got for young people everywhere who are entering the workforce for the very first time. The top submissions will be featured in my book, so that means your advice will be published, along with your name and blog! Kinda cool if you ask me. E-mail me here with your submissions.
- We’re also looking for stories. We’re looking for a few”OOPS!” moments that you’ve encountered in the workplace. None of us are perfect. We’ve all screwed up. We’ve all sent an e-mail that we wish we could have taken back. We’ve all done something awkward around our bosses. So those are the stories we want! Again, the top submissions will be included in the book. We’re looking to help other people here, and by sharing some embarrassing stories, I think we can do that. Got a good one? E-mail me and let me know.
And that’s about it for now!
I’ll keep you guys posted along the way, that’s for sure!
And in case you want to know more, check out my previous book update!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
But how about you guys? Got anything interesting going on? Blogging courses? Books of your own? New Etsy shops? Let me know in the comments, because I’d love to support you any way I can!
Have a great week everybody!
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.