Blog Income Report January – March 2016
Okay, I’m obviously a little late here with my income reports, but I’ve had a really hard time getting to them given that so much of my focus lately has been on my new book.
So I’m SUPER sorry, but hey! Better late than never, right?!
Now the first thing I want to tell EVERYONE here is that traffic has gone down SO MUCH.
Some days I want to cry a little bit, but I’ve been reading other blogs lately and a lot of them have reported that yes, blog income has gone down.
For me, I know it had everything to do with the new Pinterest algorithm.
I was getting tons of traffic from Pinterest, and now, everything’s changed.
But that’s how it is in this industry, baby! Actually, that’s how it is in EVERY industry, so I’ll just have to work that much harder to figure out how to get traffic back up.
Can’t let that knock me down.
On the bright side, despite my traffic drop, I’ve still been able to make some good solid money off my blog, so YAY for that!
Here’s what the breakdown looked like:
Miscellaneous Sponsored Work: $125
Social Fabric Sponsored Posts: $185
Clever Girls Sponsored Posts: $700
Building A Framework: $100
Google Adsense: $14.88
Amazon Associates: $29.54
TOTAL: $1,181.23 (37,943 Pageviews)
- How To Stand Out From The Crowd & Get Hired This Year
- 5 Easy Ways To Rocket Your Determination & Productivity
- On Slowing Down & Living The Simple Life
- 7 Tips For Dealing With Finances As A Couple
Miscellaneous Sponsored Work: $275
Social Fabric Sponsored Posts: $360
Clever Girls Sponsored Posts: $75
Building A Framework: $20
Google Adsense: $27.25
Amazon Associates: $13.52
TOTAL: $805.36 (40,112 Pageviews)
- Get Out Of Your Creative Rut Now
- 5 Tips For Effective Career Planning
- The Importance of Having An Effective Online Presence
- 13 Things That Happen When You Date A Blogger
- 5 Tips For Buying Your First Car In Your Twenties
Miscellaneous Sponsored Work: $570
Social Fabric Sponsored Posts: $185
Clever Girls Sponsored Posts: $625
Building A Framework: $50
Google Adsense: $12.04
Amazon Associates: $14.19
TOTAL: $1,701.25 (24,870 Pageviews)
- Following Your Passion While Having A Day Job
- How To Handle Mess Ups At Work Like A Boss
- 6 Ways To Get Better Sleep In The 21st Century
Funny, though, right? The month with the least amount of page views, I made the most money.
That’s why I’m a huge proponent of the fact that it’s not all about page views.
It’s about your hustle.
It’s about the amount of time and effort you’re spending on your blog.
It’s about the time and effort you’re spending looking for opportunities and reaching out to companies.
So don’t let your page views discourage you.
Don’t let people tell you that you need 100k+ page views to make money as a blogger.
BECAUSE IT’S A LIE!
Just look at my numbers!
So that’s all for now! I’ll be posting April’s income report hopefully next week, and then I’ll be all caught up!
PS. If you’re interested in working with me one-on-one for blog coaching calls, reach out to me here and let me know. At $25 an hour, we’ll take a look at your blog and see what we can work on to take your blog to the next level.
I’m also working on an blogging e-course that I’ll be putting together after the book launch, so if you want to be the first to hear about it, sign up here and get on my e-mail list.
I’m also giving away these free blogging printables, so click on the picture below for those.
Want to see more of my income reports? Here they are:
Know anyone who could use some career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.
START YOUR OWN BLOG TODAY WITH BLUEHOST!