5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Okay, so you’re broke. Join the club!
But wait, before you continue reading, answer one question. Do you have any of the following?…
b. New Car Rims
c. New Car Speakers
e. Beats by Dre
Yea, that’s what I thought. Many college students do. I just don’t get it. So clearly, the issue is more about HOW people are spending their money because dude, if you can spend $145.95 on headphones, you’re not broke, you’re just investing your money poorly.
So here’s a list of the five best investments you can make in college.
1. The Gym
Yes, the gym. Take care of yourself. People like other people that look like they take care of themselves. It’s been proven that when you’re healthier, you make more money. You might even meet a hot guy/girl.
2. A shrink
All the best people have one. Mine is fantastic.
If you’re going to spend money, please, buy books. If you want to save the planet, buy e-books. Read articles. Read blogs. Watch videos. This is the only reason why you should have an IPad.
Spend money on going places where you can meet potential employers. Go to conferences and seminars that might teach you essential life skills. Join a club. Join a sorority or fraternity. Become a part of anything that allows you to grow your network.
Do I really have to explain this? Traveling is by far one of THE BEST things you can do with your money. Instead of spending $200 on a watch (that will break, btw) please buy yourself a plane ticket somewhere and go explore. Traveling changes us in such an amazing way. It helps us understand ourselves and others. It helps us define our purpose in life. It gives us perspective.
So there you have it. Regardless of whether you make $5 or $500 a week, learning how to spend your money is key to being a successful human being. Don’t waste what little money you have on things that don’t matter. The rims on your car and your super cool new speakers don’t matter. You might even be more likely to get pulled over for speeding. Then you’ll get a ticket. Then you’ll be even more broke. Then you’ll starve and die.
Originally Posted on: University Ave
LOOKING FOR SOME career advice?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.