How To Change Your Last Name – The New Bride’s Checklist
Okay, so we did it!! Joe and I are officially married! Don’t worry, I’ll be posting tons of pictures soon, because our wedding weekend was absolutely the best weekend of my life!
However, as amazing as it was, the last two weeks leading up to the wedding were beyond stressful. There was so much to do, not enough time to do it all, and it just seemed like I kept writing more and more things down on my to-do list.
Now, that’s all over!
LOL, I wish. We’ll be moving into our new house in a couple of weeks, and there’s still a bunch of stuff Joe and I have to do, now that we’re back to reality.
Like me, for example, I’ve got to change my name! Yea, that’s right, call me old school, but I’m taking Joe’s last name and I’ll now be Kayla Buell. It’s like the Bueller in Ferris Bueller, but without the “er”. Yep, that’s me now! Kayla Buell.
But God, I’m dreading this process. I’ve heard horror stories from tons of people about how annoying it is to change your name. It’s not easy, that’s what I’ve heard, and come on… I’ve never done this before! I have no idea where to start!
Lucky for me, though, I just came across this awesome checklist from Allstate specifically for brides who need to change their names.
Thank you, Allstate, for making my life a little easier!
I hadn’t even thought of half of these!
Like, changing my name with my insurance provider… Can you imagine, God forbid, getting in an accident or needing to be rushed to the hospital and experiencing issues because your name on your policy was different from your license? Do you have any idea how annoying that would be to have to deal with? I, for one, have very little to no patience these days, so I can tell you I’d definitely not be amused. Guess I’ll have to take care of this one right away then.
Oh, and I’ve got to change my name on my credit cards too?? Yea, that one’s kind of important! The last thing I need is to be out shopping and have my card declined.
And I totally forgot about voter registration! With the new election coming up in the not too distant future, I’ll want to get this one squared away ASAP.
Allstate, you rock!
Thanks for putting all this info together into one really user-friendly checklist that I can start tackling.
After a chaotic year of wedding planning, the last thing I want is to have to try to figure out all this complicated adult stuff on my own!
This post was written as part of the Allstate Influencer Program and sponsored by Allstate. All opinions are mine. As the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer, Allstate is dedicated not only to protecting what matters most–but to guiding people to live the Good Life, every day.
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Follow me on:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.