This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CoachesvsCancer #CollectiveBias
Basketball has always been a part of my life.
Not because I played basketball. I’m totally not coordinated enough for that.
But my dad played basketball in college, and he’s been coaching in some way, shape or form ever since.
Then there’s my brother. My brother’s 16, and his world revolves around basketball. He plays for his high school team and literally, that’s his life.
So yea, basketball is kind of a huge deal in our family, and that’s why I was really happy when I learned about an initiative called Coaches vs. Cancer.
Coaches vs. Cancer is a nationwide collaboration between the American Cancer Society and the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The goal behind the initiative is a good one – to increase cancer awareness and promote healthy living.
Since 1993, coaches have raised over $100 million for the American Cancer Society, and this year they’re hoping to add a whole lot more to that number with their 3-Point Challenge.
During the month of February, Coaches vs. Cancer will host its 3-Point Challenge where all of us can pledge to donate a specific amount of money for every 3-pointer our favorite basketball teams make.
Pretty cool, huh?
You can pledge $1 for every 3-pointer or 10 cents. Any little bit helps.
I just LOVE that Coaches vs Cancer is using sports to champion a great cause!
Obviously, Cancer is a really serious thing, but I love that these coaches have all teamed up together to help spread the word and raise money in a fun way. I think it’s pretty cool of them.
So pick a team, make a pledge, and help your school be crowned the Coaches vs. Cancer 3-Point Champion.
Have a little fun, challenge your rivals, and do some good along the way.
PS. I’m happy to report that Alabama is leading the SEC at the moment! #RollTide
Join in on the fun and pledge now!
For more information on Coaches vs. Cancer and to find out where your team stands on the leaderboard, head on over to the Coaches vs Cancer website.
What do you think? Cool idea? Let us know how you feel about it in the comments!
NEED SOME CAREER ADVICE?
Want the first 10 pages sent straight to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE
BOOKS ON BLOGGING TO HELP YOU TAKE YOUR BLOG TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
BOOKS TO HELP YOU DEAL WITH YOUR TWENTIES:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
- The 5 Best Investments You Can Make in College
FOLLOW ME ON:
*Affiliate links are included in this post.