32 Things That Make Me Happy
Last week, I came home to these babies.
Thanks so much, Shari’s Berries, for the most beautiful chocolate covered strawberries I’ve ever seen!
I mean, come on…they were almost way too pretty to eat.
But anyway, they made me super super happy, and that made me want to stop and reflect on all the other things that are making me happy these days.
I’ve been participating in the #100happydays campaign, and I feel like it’s been such a great way to focus on all the good in my life.
Because we all say we want to be happy, right?
But I think the first step is to identify the things that really DO make you happy. And once you’ve figured out what those things are, the best thing you can do is focus on making those things a bigger part of your life.
So here we go…inspired by my delicious Shari’s Berries delivery, here are 32 things that make me happy.
- Sleeping in until 10am on a Saturday.
- Wearing red lipstick (and not having it go all over my teeth).
- Jamming to music on my way to work.
- 75 degree weather with zero humidity.
- October & November.
- My cat, when he’s not meowing at my door at 4am.
- Lazy rivers.
- Wearing white pants for the first time every Spring.
- When someone actually says, “Thank You.” AKA: People who have manners.
- Doing random acts of kindness for strangers.
- Receiving random acts of kindness FROM strangers.
- Netflix marathons with Joe.
- Baby kittens, baby monkeys, baby chicks…really, all baby animals. Especially baby goats. Baby goats in pajamas.
- The smell of salt water.
- Going to bed before 11pm during the work week.
- Saving money via couponing.
- When Joe turns to me and says, “how does frozen yogurt sound?”
- When the outfit I want to wear is actually ironed.
- That fresh clean feeling you get when you’ve just brushed your teeth.
- Putting on mascara without getting clumps.
- The smell of lavender.
- Doing yoga before bed.
- Ban.do everything!
- When I cook dinner and it’s not an epic disaster.
- Packages at my doorstep. AKA, online shopping in general.
- Thinking about things that make me happy.
Any of those things sound good to you? Let me know in the comments what kinds of things make you happy! And then…go treat yourself to some strawberries. You know you want to!
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- June Blog Income Report
- You Can Make Money Blogging Without Tons of Page Views
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
Follow me on: