25 Things About Being 25 + My Birthday Giveaway
I’m a quarter of a century today! The big 2-5!
Not quite thirty yet, but way more mature than me at 20.
Anyway, I absolutely love my birthday because every year, it’s a chance for me to reflect on how grateful I am for everything awesome in my life.
I mean, good stuff is going on guys!
Wedding 88 days from now…a new house almost ready for us to move into…family…friends…my blog is bringing in some income!
I have zero complaints.
I am truly blessed.
So I decided to put together a list of 25 things about being 25, because I’ve learned a lot in my life so far, and I’m extremely happy to have reached this milestone.
And twenty years from now, I want to remember what my life was like at 25.
And maybe some of you can relate to these.
So here’s what my life looks like right now at 25, and I couldn’t be happier.
- My 15 year old brother has more friends than I do.
- Brunch is a much better idea than grabbing dinner.
- My “little” cousins are now starting college.
- Just the possibility of going to bed before 9 makes me cry tears of joy.
- My bank account is depressing most days. Seeing how much money I spend on food makes me feel like I really should weigh 400lbs.
- Wrinkles. Damn, wrinkles.
- I’m finally starting to feel like a grown up at work.
- I no longer have the energy to force relationships.
- I’m totally over trying to please everyone. You like me? Good! You don’t like me? Ehh..too bad!
- Going to a restaurant by myself is not only something that I can do now, it’s actually kinda nice.
- I’m starting to buy quality fashion pieces, even if it means saving up some money and shopping less frequently.
- I don’t fight with my mom EVERY time we talk.
- I’ll be a homeowner in 2 months, and I’ll finally be INVESTING in something that’s really mine.
- HGTV is always on the tv.
- I’m actually excited about learning how to cook.
- Gray hairs. Plural. No longer just one random one. Nope, they have friends now.
- I’m owning my side-hustle and finally having the courage to tell people, yes, I’m a blogger.
- I’m realizing the kind of lifestyle I want, and looking for a job that will allow me to have that.
- I’m making room in my home for the things that make me happiest.
- I have zero problem with voicing my opinions.
- Every other week, I’m sticking to a no-carb diet.
- I feel extremely accomplished, and I’m very proud of all that I’ve gone through this far.
- Having no debt feels absolutely amazing.
- Yoga is life.
- I’ve totally come to terms with the fact that everything is temporary. The good, and the bad. So the good stuff, I’m embracing fully, and the bad stuff, I don’t dwell on it so much. It’ll be over in no time.
Yep, that’s my life in a nutshell! And I’m loving every second of it!
And to continue the celebrations, I decided to host a little giveaway for you guys! Because you’re my friends too, and I’m so happy to have you all in my life! My life has changed drastically because of this community, and because of your support, so a HUGE THANK YOU for that!
YOU GUYS ROCK, so one lucky winner’s gunna be getting all this stuff I found at Target’s Dollar Spot! I had to do some digging, but they really had some super cute things!
The Milano cookies weren’t a dollar, but dude, who doesn’t like those??
Oh, and I’ll also be throwing in this wristlet from one of my favorite Etsy Shops, Everglam.
Thanks for everything guys!!! Have a fabulous week, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!!
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework
- Blog, Inc.
- Creative, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing To Write About
- Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job, Kill It In Your Career, Rock Social Media
- Crush It
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
Oh, and FYI.. I’m now offering 1-on-1 coaching sessions via phone to help answer any blogging questions you may have. I’ve got my first call next week, and I’m really looking forward to it!
$25 for a one hour session. Would love to share any advice I can give ya! Contact me here!
Books to help you deal with your twenties:
- 101 Secrets For Your Twenties
- Life After College
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter & How To Make The Most of Them
- Adulting: How To Become A Grown Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps
- All Groan Up: Searching For Self, Faith, and A Freaking Job!
Other stuff you might like:
- June Blog Income Report
- You Can Make Money Blogging Without Tons of Page Views
- Generation Y Redefines Success
- How To Be Rich in Your Twenties
- The 5 Most Valuable Lessons Grad School Taught Me
- Pursue a Lifestyle, Not a Job
- Why It’s Okay to Be Excited About the Awesome Stuff You’re Doing
- Why We Need to Get Over Our Fear of Rejection
- Don’t Wait, Be Happy Now
Follow me on: